Discarded Card Catalog Christmas Cards




Christmas 2013: Angels
Creating Christmas cards from the hundreds of thousands of discarded card catalog cards I acquired from the Perry-Castaneda Library at the University of Texas, been an ongoing project since 2008.  
Christmas 2012: Snowflakes
I really enjoy making them and look forward to it. I never begin making them until December. It's now a tradition shared by the entire family. Jacob knows what it is to drown in craft supplies for a week every Christmas.  Every time we were near a craft shop this year, he asked if there was anything I needed for Christmas cards. This year, August got her hands on the supplies and within minutes already knew how to use the glue and paper punchers.  Next year, I hope it will be a craft project the whole family can enjoy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

i love this repurposing project, and this family tradition of yours in the making. i think my girl would love to make angels just like yours, and I'm going to find some suitable recycle paper to use (wouldn't music sheet look perfect? no worries, I'd never cut them up, just saying)

Tuesday, December 17, 2013  
Blogger nadine paduart said...

welllllllll.
i arrive here from chez francesca who was showing off angels and look at you all! i might just try this at home, you know...
you certainly got me eye candy-hooked...!
punch girl too!
n♥

Wednesday, December 18, 2013  
Blogger nadine paduart said...

welllllllll.
i arrive here from chez francesca who was showing off angels and look at you all! i might just try this at home, you know...
you certainly got me eye candy-hooked...!
punch girl too!
n♥

Wednesday, December 18, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home