Capirotada

Lent, Spring, time to make capirotada. It's been four years since I have made this simple dessert. It's a favorite, homey, comfort food. In looking up images of this dish, I found that they were all made in casserole dishes and my grandmother would do that. Perhaps inspired by all the cooking shows we watch, after some thought, I decided to try and make capirotada in a spring form cake pan. I also strayed from my grandmother's traditional recipe by topping it with almonds. She never uses nuts in her recipe. I was very happy with the results. It was the first time August had ever tried capirotada making my efforts in presentation more than worthwhile.

1 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

it looks delicious - seems to me that you've started a new capirotada tradition in your family!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home