Birthday Month



























Our birthday month has come to an end. I loved how it felt like it lingered and didn't race by. On my birthday I woke up to a beautiful morning, clear blue sky, sunshine and needed my sweater. The day couldn't be more perfect or more of a gift because Texas Spring can easily be summer anywhere else.



















August and I joined my Grandparents for brunch and then we strolled downtown Del Rio. We had ice cream at The Emporium and then spent the afternoon at my Grandmother's house and picked flowers. We had dinner with my Mom and then celebrated with an ice cream cake! A fragrant flower bouquet from my Grandmother's house and having my Mother and August sing Happy Birthday to me made my birthday. I began to miss my day when I woke up the next morning.

A few days later we were back in the city and setting up for August's birthday. I had started working on the paper chains in March. There were {about} 3600 individual chains and a box of 5000 staples used.
























I enjoyed laboring 36 hours before her day, this time in a different way. I strung up the homemade paper chains and our traditional birthday banner used since her first birthday. I pinned up streamers and balloons I had filled with confetti. After we sang The Birthday Song and she blew out the candles, confetti balloons were popped. We love confetti!


I had in mind a circus themed cake when I spotted the perfect, plastic decorations at a downtown shop in Del Rio. Everything came together and I was thrilled to see August so happy with her decorations and cake at her little party.

























One of her gifts was a circus set that we can't stop playing with.

3 Comments:

Blogger nadine paduart said...

the addition of the imagination song is so fetching for this post filled with joy and abundance. 5000 staples, he? that was one heavy decoration going up... lovely to find yourselves celebrating so close to one another too, innit? lovely pics for the memory box. am so, so glad you had a sunshine of a day, as much from the heavens as from your close family. x n♥

Friday, May 01, 2015  
Blogger Francesca said...

Happy birthday to both! What a special month and days you've had! Your decorations are spectacular and unique, and they make me want to celebrate!

Tuesday, May 05, 2015  
Blogger shayndel said...

Happy Birthday X 2 !!♡ ♡

Thursday, May 07, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home