Composition

I gave August my old, toy piano three years ago, but it's only recently that she began composing and naming her creations. Many a tune was created on it and using it...all my life, really. I wrote a little A C...something on it just five years ago. It was discovered that I could play by ear when I was six or so. I'd play with the keys until I had the tune I wanted. After watching Casablanca, I remember tinkering away at my piano until I had those notes playing As Time Goes By. I would love to have a real piano in my living room but the upkeep is a bit overwhelming and instead I'm hoping for a ukulele soon.

I had piano lessons for a year or two. While I learned to read music in school and with piano lessons, the habit or desire to play by ear resulted in finally leaving piano in frustration. My teacher didn't like the fight I was having between reading notes and hearing notes. I also messed up Mozart at my first recital. I remember feeling overheated after starting over a third time then walked off. 

I love hearing August play with it and naming her compositions. That little Jaymar is old, very much loved and full of the avant-garde tunes of childhood. Here is Ballet Music Instrument of the City.

Composition

Music

3 Comments:

Blogger nadine paduart said...

oh sweet is this? august's got a southern accent! well, of course, she would, but how touching!! experimental jazz, baby... n♥

Friday, November 13, 2015  
Blogger Francesca said...

what a nice capture! and I love the name of the composition!

Tuesday, November 17, 2015  
Blogger likeschocolate said...

So sweet! Happy belated Thanksgiving! Happy Holidays!

Monday, December 07, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home